How to use your Every Day Oils…
The Young Living Everyday Oils Kit contains everything you need to start using essential oils every day for everything from first aid, to boosting your immunity and even cleaning your house.
The kit contains:
- Peace and Calming
Each time you reach for your customary solution to fight germs, ease congestion, pain or stress, ask yourself…can I do this naturally? Step away from the chemicals and reach for your oils.
The following guide will help familiarize you with the properties of each of these oils.
Currently being studied as a possible treatment for cancer, Frankincense has been used for thousands of years to treat every conceivable ailment that mankind has suffered. During ancient times, frankincense was valued more than gold. It stimulates your immune system, is antidepressant and muscle relaxing. It also contains sesquiterpenes which stimulate the limbic system of the brain and improves focus and memory. Frankincense has cicatrisant properties, which means it helps wounds heal and has the ability to fade existing scar tissue.
- At the first sign of a cold, rub a few drops on the soles of your feet. Or better yet, put a few drops on a spoon and swallow it down with some water, much like a pill.
- For young, glowing skin, put a few drops on your palm, rub hands together and apply to your face.
- If you’re feeling fuzzy and having a difficult time focusing, rub one or two drops of Frankincense oil behind your ears.
- 1-2 drops directly on a bug bite will immediately ease itching and swelling
- Inhale or diffuse to deepen breathing and induce calmness.
- Dilute a few drops in organic olive oil and apply to stretch marks, acne scars or any other scars to fade their appearance. Do this daily until you see improvement.
- Rub on the feet or the back of the neck to soothe overactive children.
Lavender essential oil has been treasured for thousands of years as one of nature’s greatest gifts for healing and it might be the most versatile of all essential oils. It is effective in treating anything that ails the skin and may be used to clean cuts and treat bruises, rashes and skin irritations.
Lavender is well known for it’s soothing properties and as an aid in relaxation. Researchers have documented Lavender’s ability to improve concentration and mental acuity. Lavender is a powerful antihistamine and effective in treating bug bites and seasonal allergies.
- Massage into the back of the neck or the bottom of the feet for a calming effect.
- Rub a drop on your palm and smooth over pillow to aid with sleep.
- Soothe a minor burn by applying 2-3 drops to the affected area.
- Place a drop on the tip of the tongue, around the navel, or behind the ears to allay the symptoms of motion sickness.
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and place in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- Reduce or minimize scar tissue by massaging on affected areas.
- Place a few drops on a wet cloth and place in your dryer to freshen your laundry.
- Diffuse to minimize seasonal reactions to pollen and dust mites.
- Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting cbd oil canada or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
- Replace your underarm deodorant with 2 – 4 drops of Lavender oil.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever. You may even take 3-4 drops on a spoon to help with seasonal allergies.
- Diffuse Lavender oil to relieve stress, lift your spirits, or relieve feelings of sadness.
- Mix a few drops of Lavender oil with a few drops of massage oil and rub onto sore muscles for relief.
- Use Lavender to relieve dry, chapped lips.
- Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain.
Lemon oil has antiseptic-like properties, contains compounds that have been studied for their ability to boost white blood cell count, and is rich in d-limonene, which is now being studied as a significant chemopreventive agent in cancer.
When inhaled or diffused, it promotes clarity of thought and purpose. Studies have shown that diffusing Lemon oil in the workplace resulted in 54% fewer errors. Additionally, it is astoundingly effective at cutting through grease, gum and adhesives.
NOTE: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.